Saturday, December 11, 2010

Veroli


A cat on top of the car in Veroli

Hey everyone! Today was a pretty okay day! I think it will be hard to go back to public schools considering I had trouble getting up around 9-ish today... Anyway today was our first "day trip"! We went to Veroli, which is a small, old, little village about 15 minutes away from where we are staying. My parents (notice not me) decided that we should "get lost" and just explore the town. The only thing that made the trip kind of miserable for me was the fact that I only brought a wind breaker for a coat, and I didn't bring a hat or gloves.... IT WAS WINDY! But it was fun none the less. We first went to a little museum, which I thought was really only okay, but it was pretty cool. Later we went to a little cafe, and luckily for us the lady there spoke english. I had coronette ( or a roll). The lady told of us of some places we could go. My mom decided that we should go see the church.. great idea right?? Wrong, when we peaked through the door, lo and behold! A traditional wedding was taking place. My mom decided that it would be fun to see the wedding, but for me and my dad it kinda felt like wedding crashing. My mom decided that it would be exciting to stay for a little bit, but I thought it was on the edge of rude. After a bit more wandering through the village, we stopped for lunch at a little pizzeria. I had this pizza with only bread and cheese ( I think). Afterwards we headed home for a nap and some letter writing.... And dog walking....














2 comments:

  1. Moms! You just can't take us anywhere! (And if it were me, I would have probably crashed the wedding AND taken pictures. . . ) PS I'm listening to Late Tuesday's Xmas album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you the pizza was different! I did! :)

    ReplyDelete